[ALAC] Liaison appointments for 2015-16

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 21 20:34:18 UTC 2015

Sebastien, I passed this by all ALAC members and
there were quite a number of explicit supports and no objections.

Moreover, this has selectively been the process
followed since the new Rules of Procedure were
approved which explicitly allows for such a
process. The issue was well discussed at the time
the RoP were being revised and it was generally
felt (perhaps unanimously - cannot recall) that
continuity in these crucial positions, and the
relationship formed between the Liaison and the
target body was a major concern.

Regarding the timing, as far as I can recall,
Liaisons have always been selected by the
outgoing ALAC. That goes as far back as 2006 when
I was first selected as Liaison to the GNSO by
the outgoing ALAC (when I recall you were an ALAC Member).

The issue will be on the agenda for tomorrow's
meeting and the ALAC can decide the way forward.

Alan