[lac-discuss-es] [LACRALO-ga-2023] LACRALO Session 6 - RE-EVOLVE: Presentation of LACRALO GA Statement, Next Steps and Wrap up

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 02:27:35 UTC 2023

Dear Gisella,

thanks a lot for sending out these invitations with detailed points for the
agenda of the sessions on the second day of the LACRALO GA. Do we have the
same level of detail available for the first day sessions?

This seems particularly important because I basically do not see here items
that belong to a General Assembly; they are more appropriate for an
informational and planning type of meeting. Issues central to a General
Assembly would be elections and bylaws, of which drafts should have been
circulated with ample advance time and circulated again now, for freshness
and ease of access, close to the meeting. Some of these elements are
expected from Working Groups and Committees such as the Governance one,
which would come up with rules for individual members and other critical
changes.

I understand that these issues may not be within your reach and instead
belong to colleagues like Augusto, Humberto, Harold, Claire, and Sergio.
Any clarification will be most welcome and if all of the above is already
available, a pointer to where to find it will be even more welcome.

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 11:54 AM Gisella Gruber <Gisella.Gruber en icann.org>
wrote:

> *IMPORTANT: **The LACRALO GA Group Photo will be taken at the end of the
> LACRALO GA Wrap Up Session.** PLEASE WEAR YOUR GA SHIRTS.*
>

> *LACRALO Session 6 - RE-EVOLVE: Presentation of LACRALO GA Statement, Next
> Steps and Wrap up*
>
> *AGENDA*
>
>    1. Welcome and Aim of Meeting - Humberto Carrasco, GA President and
>    Sylvia Herlein Leite, GA Secretary (5 mins)
>    2. Presentation of the LACRALO Draft Statement on the GA Theme
>    “Re-connect, Re-evolve and Re-Boost”
>    <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mPnWU_jXvTMDiY48eIyjDgg32re5LMVwcKqVjZ4B0gU/edit> (10
>    mins)
>    3. Final Review of the LACRALO Draft Statement on the GA Theme
>    “Re-connect, Re-evolve and Re-Boost
>    <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mPnWU_jXvTMDiY48eIyjDgg32re5LMVwcKqVjZ4B0gU/edit>”
>    (20 mins)
>    4. Concluding Comments (20 mins)
>       1. Board Chair Tripti Sinha (5 mins) TBC
>       2. Interim CEO Sally Costerton (5 mins) TBC
>       3. Board Member selected by At-Large León Sánchez (5 mins)
>       4. Rodrigo de la Parra <https://www.icann.org/profiles/189>, VP for
>       Latin America and the Caribbean (5 mins)
>    5. Closing and Housekeeping - Humberto Carrasco, GA President and
>    Sylvia Herlein Leite, GA Secretary with Staff (5 mins)

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614