[At-Large] Is the .FOOD poisoned?

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Nov 15 22:28:29 UTC 2016

Just a general observation:

I don't think policy should be driven on a guess at the likelihood
that a gTLD might be desirable to end-users or not.

Granted one has to gauge the importance of an issue to those
potentially affected to decide how much wood to put behind that arrow,
but nonetheless.

Also, I don't know of any of these .BRAND gTLDs which are doing
anything out in the wild other than creating SLDs for their products
or marketing campaigns such as next100.bmw. Which is fine but that's
not what's being discussed here vis a vis .FOOD.

Has any closed TLD actually offered registration to end users?

There're a lot of RSN speculation or puff pieces on why this is going
to be so great.

(RSN = Real Soon Now)

--
        -Barry Shein