[NA-Discuss] The status of ALSes (was Ramping up for the election - General Procedures)

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Jun 3 22:22:55 UTC 2013

On 6/3/13 2:08 PM, Thompson, Darlene wrote:
> in regards to N-CAP., our web address is www.nu.e-association.ca

That is the URL I referenced.

I noticed and summarized the ICANN link on the same sidebar as the
"News Items" link, which resolves as the URL
http://www.nu.e-association.ca/cim/305C1_3T322.dhtm.

The text is descriptive of ICANN and N-CAP, as an ALS but does not
conveying information on policy issues before ICANN, ALAC, or NARALO.

Of the subsequent topics the SSAC Advisory on Fast Flux Hosting (to
which I contributed in the earlier GNSO FFH WG) appeared in March 2008
and the APWG report appeard in May 2008.

I was perhaps too generous in the summary, as failing to publish
references to basic policy papers for the past five years is far short
of the plain sense of providing members with the means to undertake
informed participation in ICANN.

> NARALO is presently in the process of decertifying ACNA ...

Please confirm that decertification may be conducted by the NARALO,
without reference to ALAC or Staff, in whom the responsibility appear
to lie in the MoU creating a North American Regional At-Large
Organization. A link to the controlling document of record if you please.

Thank you for your response,

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon