[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT (ES): Votar en 2019 LACRALO Elecciones y Principios Operativos

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:22:51 UTC 2019

Dear Vanda,

I posted about this in the governance group in early April some time ago,
I'll quote the relevant sections

Our operating principles specified the rotation principle agreed upon by
all following the deliberations at Puerto Rico and subsequent meeting of
the governance wg and then approved by all in LACRALO.

7.2.a – The region is divided into four (4) subregions comprising the
following countries:
A) Central America and Mexico: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala,
Honduras, Nicaragua, Mexico and Panama.
B) Andes: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela.
C) Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica,
Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Saint Vincent and The
Grenadines, St. Lucia, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Suriname, and Trinidad and
Tobago
D) Mercosur: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.

We start the rotation using the definitions of the sub-regions in the OP
and numbered sequentially. The rotation starts at the next sub region  from
the domicile of the incumbent Chair, Secretariat and ALAC.

This means for this year:
- Chair nominations will be sought from region A (since the chair is from
Region D) for a period of two years.
- Chair elect nominations will be sought from region B excluding Chile
(because of ALAC member) for a period of two years.
- Secretary nominations will be sought from Region C (since Secretary Is
from region B) excluding Trinidad and Tobago (because of Nomcom member) for
a period of two years.
- Secretary-elect nominations will be sought from Region D for a period of
two years.
- ALAC nominations will be from region D (as ALAC Member is from C) for a
period of two years.

Dev Anand Teelucksingh