[lac-discuss-en] [.AMAZON] LACRALO about .AMAZON delegation

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:30:40 UTC 2019

Regarding the proposed statement:

I do not support the draft statement since the statement is directed to
ICANN for the ICANN board to not delegate .amazon. As Lance and Carlton has
pointed out, Amazon Inc, are in sustained negotiations with ACTO and we
should wait to review the outcomes of those negotiations.

The core grievance in the statement seems to me to be the lack of
multistakeholder inclusion such as civil society and indigenous peoples in
ACTO where such civil society and indigenous peoples can raise their issues
and be heard, seen and respected  by the governments in ACTO. As such, any
such statement should be directed to the governments of Bolivia, Brazil,
Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela calling on those
governments for more inclusion of civil society and indigenous peoples in
ACTO.

Governments' treatment of civil society and indigenous peoples are not the
responsibility of ICANN or the Amazon company.

Regards,

Dev Anand