[lac-discuss-en] Voto ALAC sobre KSK

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 03:22:30 UTC 2018

Alan,

so why was this elided from the draft resolution?

Alejandro Pisanty

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:55 PM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> Alejandro,
>
> The text of the comment does not reference "ALS", but it does reference
> "users".  Exactly how we plan to use the tools and documents we are asking
> for is not a critical part of the comment. What we are asking for is.
>
> If we can get the tools and documents we are asking for, it will then be
> up to us (and hopefully other parts of the ICANN community as well) to use
> them. In our case, dissemination through our networks of ALSes and
> individual members will be one of the critical paths.
>
> Using the At-Large network to spread the word about the KSK Rollover has
> already been the subject of several discussions with the Office of the
> Chief Technology Officer going back several months.
>
> Regards, Alan
>
> At 04/04/2018 02:13 PM, Alejandro Pisanty wrote:
>
> [[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
>>

>> Subject: Voto ALAC sobre KSK
>> Desde:Alejandro Pisanty <apisanty at gmail.com>
>>
>> Colleagues,
>>
>> inhttps://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large
>> +Workspace%3A+Plan+to+Restart+the+Root+Key+Signing+Key+%
>> 28KSK%29+Rollover+Process you can see what ALAC will put to the vote to
>> express the opinion of the users about the KSK process, which as we all
>> know is the rotation of the "keys" of the PKI system (public key
>> cryptography) of the DNSSEC system that protects the system of domain names
>> (DNS) against some significant attacks.
>>
>> The text does not include the proposal that we made here in LACRALO that
>> the ALSs assume a role in the dissemination of this process among ISPs,
>> other providers, civil society, technical community and governments within
>> our reach. Moreover, said text was included in a preliminary version and
>> eliminated in the final. Eliminating the co-responsibility of the ALS puts
>> us again in the role of petitioners who do not contribute with their own
>> decision to the security, stability and robustness of the DNS, the primary
>> responsibility of ICANN.
>>
>> For this reason, I call on our ALAC representatives to insist on the
>> inclusion of this text and, if it is not achieved, vote against the
>> approval of the proposed text. Consider this proposal as a formal motion
>> and proceed in abbreviated time so that it can be decided before the ALAC
>> vote. If these times are not possible, be ex post-facto as a protest.
>>
>> Alejandro Pisanty
>>
>> -
>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Dr. Alejandro
>> Pisanty Faculty of Chemistry UNAM Av.Universidad 3000
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=Av.Universidad+3000&entry=gmail&source=g>,
>> 04510 Mexico DF Mexico + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD +525541444475 FROM
> [...]

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org