[lac-discuss-en] IO recommends .amazon reconsideration

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 23:51:33 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: IO recommends .amazon reconsideration
 Desde: apisanty at gmail.com

 Evan,

 (Consideration in a personal capacity)

 I saw with interest the proposal of Barry Shein and also the meeting worthy of
 analysis. It can be modified to include the 9 countries and not only the 5
 Which he quotes.

 The key would be that the multistakeholder community of these countries, and not only
 Their governments, to convert the Amazonian Pact into action.A gTLD for
 Rich and wonderful Amazon basin would provide visibility and
 Transparency to the actions of the nations of the Amazon Pact against
 Of environmental predation, pollution of aquifers,
 Eradication of indigenous peoples and their traditional knowledge,
 Phenomena in which extractivism is associated with collusion and
 Corruption of government bodies, and other phenomena of concern to the
 Humanity and certainly the signers of the statement of Best Bits. TO
 Barry Shein's imagery would give him an objective of action, which would
 lack. If governments are too slow, or it
 Agreements, civil society must have the imagination to do
 A proposal that governments and industry can not resist
 To join

 Among the representatives of organizations of the 9 countries there are some
 Simultaneously act in 3 or 4 sectors of stakeholders and can
 To convert what at other times is a conflict of interest at the root
 Of great creativity.

 As you can tell, Evan, there is a problem similar to that of Switzerland, with
 Denominations in multiple languages, but this should not be a
 obstacle.

 Think outside the box for a moment. Possibly find
 Solutions than problems.

 Alejandro Pisanty

> [[--Translated text (en -> es)--]]
>
>  Asunto: Re: IO recomienda .amazon reconsideration
>  De: evan at telly.org
>
>  Leí en un grupo de Facebook, de Barry Shein, una imaginativa y OMI
>  Resolución efectiva a la cuestión de .amazon. Lo ofrezco aquí con algunos
>  Sugerencias personales añadidas en relación con &quot;lo que viene a
> continuación&quot;:
>

>  Amazon paga por la creación del TLD &quot;.amazonas&quot;, y lo confía a
> un
>  Sin fines de lucro cuyas partes interesadas son exclusivamente de los
> cinco países (Brasil,
>  Colombia, Ecuador, Perú, Bolivia) a través del cual corre el río. Tal
>  Las partes interesadas podrían ser gubernamentales, ONG o privadas. A
> cambio, el GAC
>  Rescinda su objeción a .amazon.
>

>  (Alternativamente, dot-amazonas podría confiarse a los tres
>  Gobiernos - en Perú, Colombia y Brasil - que se llaman
> &quot;Amazonas&quot;.)
>

>  Después de todo, &quot;Amazonas&quot; es el nombre local para el río en
> español y
>  Portugués.Como en otros países los gobiernos están recurriendo a nombres
> locales,
>  Que los anglicizados - piensa Beijing, Iqaluit o Bengaluru - no
>  Esto es una buena cosa y una respuesta razonable tanto a los gobiernos
> como a los
>  ¿la librería?
>

>  Tal oferta haría que la mayor parte de la objeción lógica a la librería
>  Desean el nombre, al tiempo que llaman a los países afectados a
>  Indicar qué harían con un TLD adecuado, o al menos reservar
>  Para uso futuro.
>

>  ¿Podría ser viable tal compromiso? ¿O podría causar un problema poniendo
>  Los objetores actuales sobre el terreno con respecto a lo que harían con
> el TLD
>  ¿sí mismos?
>

>  (Tal vez esto re-abre un problema más amplio con los nombres geoTLD,
> preguntándose si
>  Todos los nombres lingüísticos posibles para los países y las regiones
> merecen
>  proteccion. Quiero decir, ¿necesitamos proteger a &quot;Schweiz&quot;,
> &quot;Suisse&quot;,
>  &quot;Svizzera&quot;, &quot;Svizra&quot;,
>  &quot;Helvetia&quot; Y &quot;Suiza&quot;?)
>

>  Evan

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/a28d907fa3.html