[lac-discuss-en] Staff clarification / Clarification staff

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 01:06:23 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Staff clarification / Clarification staff
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Heidi,

 Then so why did not you just announce That Instead of sending out the poll?

 So why do not you just did a notice in
 Instead of sending the vote?

 Alejandro Pisanty

 On Tue, July 21, 2015 at 7:35 PM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
 staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

>  **VERSION ESPAÑOL DESPUES DE LA VERSION  EN  INGLES **
>

> Dear All,
>
> Please note that the timetable and process for the ALAC elections was sent
> to all RALOs on 30 April 2015 on behalf of Alan Greenberg, Chair of the
> ALAC.
>
> According to the announcement, the following timetable was used:
>

>    - 30 April - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's
>    Statement.
>    - 30 April - 9 May  - Nomination period (nominations accepted for 10
>    working days).
>    - 16 May - Deadline for nomination acceptances
>    - 18 May - 25 May 2015 - Elections (If required, elections will begin
>    no later than one week after the deadline for nomination acceptances and
>    end no later than two weeks after that deadline).
>    - 2015 AGM [ ICANN 54 ]  - Newly elected ALAC representative shall be
>    seated on the ALAC at the close of the 2015 AGM on Thursday, 22nd October
>    2015.
>
> ‘
> Given that we did not receive any additional instructions from the Chair
> and Secretary of LACRALO for an election or poll confirming support, we
> followed the procedure that occurs in most RALOs. That procedure is if
> there is only one candidate at the end of the nomination period, and that
> candidate accepts the nomination within the assigned time, that candidate
> is said to have won by acclamation.
>
> Therefore, on 26 May, staff posted on the 2015 LACRALO Regional Election
> wiki page
> <https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2015+LACRALO+Regional+Selection>
> that Lance, as the only candidate, had won by acclamation.
>
> We apologize for any confusion that this may have caused.
>
> Regards,
>

> **
>

> Estimados todos,
>

> Por favor nótese  el calendario y proceso para las elecciones del ALAC, el
> cual fue envido a todos los RALOs el 30 de Abril del 2015, a nombre de Alan
> Greenberg, Presidente del ALAC.
>

> De acuerdo al anuncio, se usó el siguiente  calendario:
>

>    - 30 Abril – Anuncio de llamada de nominaciones y Declaración del
>    Nominado.
>    - 30 Abril - 9 Mayo  - Periodo de Nominación (nominaciones se aceptan
>    por 10 días laborables ).
>    - 16 Mayo – Fecha límite para aceptación de Nominaciones.
>    - 18 Mayo - 25 Mayo 2015 – Elecciones (Si se requieren, las elecciones
>    empezaran a más tardar después de una semana de la fecha límite  de
>    aceptación de nominaciones y a más tardar dos semanas después de dicha
>    fecha).
>    - 2015 AGM [ ICANN 54 ]  - Los representantes recientemente elegidos
>    del ALAC tomaran sus cargos al final de la  AGM del 2015 el Jueves 22 de
>    Octubre del 2015.
>
> ‘
>
> Dado que no recibimos instrucciones adicionales del Presidente  y
> [...]

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM Faculty of Chemistry
 Av.University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS FROM MEXICO +525541444475 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty