[lac-discuss-en] Subject: Re: ICANN's risk management

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Sun Jan 25 13:59:14 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Subject: Re: ICANN's risk management
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Humberto, aquuna very GenRich risk division, also moot because there are issues that can be in different divisions. But do more divisions can complicate the survey. Dejlos initial numbers if eries make sb change.
 Best Regards

 Alberto Soto

 Accountability - Transparency
 1) Failure to Maintain and adhere to it adequately Existing accountability-mechanisms.

 Failure to properly maintain and adhere to existing mechanisms rendicin accounts.

 2) Failure to Demonstrate accountability and transparency of Sufficient organization.

 Failure to demonstrate sufficient accountability and transparency of the organization.

 8) Potential for New gTLD Program issues related to accountability-mechanisms due to possible adverse decision or failure of mechanism / process.

 Possible problems for the New gTLD Program related to the mechanisms of accountability due to possible adverse decision or failure of the mechanism / process.

 11) Possible That perception ICANN has overall poor engagement, transparency, policy, coordination and communication.

 Possible perception that ICANN has global commitment, transparency, politics, poor communication coordinaciny.

 22) Lack of Improving trust in the multi-stakeholder model.

 Lack of improving confidence in the model of multiple stakeholders.

 27) Failure of the community accountability process to address it adequately ICANN accountability in light of changing historical relationship STI With The USG.

 Failure of the process of accountability of the community to adequately address the accountability of ICANN in the light of changing your histrica relationship with the US government.

 29) Inconsistent communication and messaging to stakeholders, leading to confusion and falta de understanding.

 Communication and inconsistent messenger to stakeholders, leading to confusion and misunderstanding.

 Costs -

 3) Lower than forecasted revenues.

 Lower revenues than expected.

 4) Adverse legal or other dispute resolution ruling, treats including possible related penalties, fees and costs.

 -Resolution court or other adverse resolution of disputes, including any penalties, fees and related costs.

 7) Significant financial loss, other than lower-than-anticipated revenues (eg, fraud, investment loss, etc.).

 Significant financial losses, with exception of the most low-income expected (eg, fraud, loss of investment, etc.).

 9) Unfunded operational costs or unplanned expenses.

 Operational costs without financiacino unplanned expenses.

 15) Significant revenue reduction (eg, domain name reduced volume, reduced ccTLD contributions Issue, reduced registration fees, etc.).

 Significant reduction of income (eg reduced volume of domain names, ccTLD contributions reduced, reduced fees recorders, etc.).

 24) Failure to Effectively Facilitate international participation in DNS Technical Coordination in the event of significant Internet security, stability or resiliency incident.

 Failure to effectively facilitate international participation in the Co-ordination Technique DNS significant events to the security, stability or resiliency of Internet incidents.

 Administration - Administration

 5) Failure to sufficiently It manage and enforce THE HUNDREDS of Contracts With TLD operators.

 Failure to manage and enforce sufficiently, hundreds of contracts with TLD operators.

 6) Unsuccessful delivery of a stakeholder and other Relevant deliverables Proposal for a Successful transition NTIA stewardship of the IANA Functions.

 Delivery unsuccessfully a proposal from stakeholders and other relevant deliverables for a successful transition from the NTIA to the supervision of the IANA functions.

 13) Policy development process is too slow or ineffective, participants decrease or stagnate, or failure to bring new stakeholders into the model.

 The process of developing policies is too slow, participants diminish or stagnate, or inability to attract new stakeholders within the model.

 16) Perception of failure and help in Place to Achieve a global multi-stakeholder ecosystem IG distributed según the World Net Widely accepted Principles.

 Perceptions implementaciny lack of support for a distributed Internet governance of multiple stakeholders in accordance with widely accepted principles NetMundial ecosystem.

 17) Possibility That current supporting organization and advisory committee
 (SO / AC) structures can not scale to include and support new entrants and participants overall.

 Possibility that current support organizations and comitasesores (SO / AC) can not scale to include and support new global players.
 Implementacin insufficient progress towards major projects (eg gTLD, IDN Fast Track, DNSSEC, etc.).

 18) Unsuccessful ADOPTED Implementation of recommendation from various RESULTING Affirmation of Commitment reviews.

 Implementacin unsuccessfully for the recommendation adopted as a result of revisions to the affirmation of commitments.

 19) Insufficient progress Project Implementation Towards major (eg, gTLD, IDN fast track, DNSSEC, etc.).

 Implementacin insufficient progress towards major projects (eg gTLD, IDN Fast Track, DNSSEC, etc.).

 20) Inability to deliver Commitments (mission, operational objectives To, strategic Initiatives) due to limited resources, budget, or prioritization.

 Inability to meet commitments (mission, operational objectives, initiatives estratgicas) due to limited resources, budget or setting priorities.

 30) Poor Fiscal policy-making or gross mis-management.

 Working out of a poor fiscal policy or bad administration.

 33) One or more Governments' policy Changes That Negatively Affect the industries of a stakeholder different regional or work and current functionality of SO / AC model.

 Changes in government policies oms one that negatively affect different sectors of a stakeholder group or regional work and the actual functionality of the model SO / AC.

 Legal - Legal

 10) That perception Potential Conflicts of Interests not all are Identified During decision-making process.

 Perception that not all potential conflicts of interest are identified during the process of decision making.

 14) Potential legal actions from parties believe That That They Have Been injured RESULTING from New gTLD Program.

 Potential legal action from parties who believe they have been daadas as a result of the New gTLD Program.

 28) Ineffective contractual compliance approach, process, and audits (registries, registrars, others).

 Ineffective approach to contractual compliance, process and auditing (registries, registrars, etc.).

 Operability - Operability

 12) Significant Increase in legal filings or other dispute resolution That Could staff capacity challenge, distract and disrupt operations leadership.

 Significant increase in the records of judgments or other resolution of disputes will be able to be a challenge for the capacity of staff, leaders distract and disrupt operations.

 21) Key skills depart ICANN (consultants or staff) without clear succession plan for continuation of operating functions or exchange of knowledge and documentation.

 Key Skills arise from ICANN (consultants or staff) without a clear plan of succession for the continuation of operational functions or exchange of knowledge and documentation.

 24) Failure to Effectively Facilitate international participation in DNS Technical Coordination in the event of significant Internet security, stability or resiliency incident.

 Failure to effectively facilitate international participation in the Co-ordination Technique DNS significant events to the security, stability or resiliency of Internet incidents.

 25) DNS vulnerability to attacks (root) Causing disruption to Internet operability (DDoS Attacks, Cache Poisoning, etc.).

 Vulnerability to attack DNS (root) causing the interruption of the operation of the Internet (DDoS Attacks, Cache Poisoning, etc.).

 26) Potential breach of personnel confidential data or data from ICANN systems; confidential data made public.

 Violation potential personal or confidential data from ICANN systems; confidential data pblicos facts.

 31) Potential for business continuity management ineffective technical Given an event OCCURS (eg, data back-up, disaster recover planning, data outage, etc.).

 Technique of management continuity potentially ineffective against the occurrence of an event (eg, data backup, disaster recovery planning, cutting data, etc.) business.

 32) Potential falta de operational efficiency, excellence and discipline due to internal collaboration and falta de última Clearly defined.

 Lack of potential operational efficiency, excellence and discipline due to the lack of internal collaboration and clearly defined roles and responsibilities.