[lac-discuss-en] CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Draft Proposal of the Principles and Mechanisms and the Process to Develop a Proposal to Transition NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions

León Felipe Sánchez Ambía at mm.icann.org León Felipe Sánchez Ambía at mm.icann.org
Fri May 2 14:53:10 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Draft Proposal of the Principles and Mechanisms and the Process to Develop a Proposal to Transition NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions
 From: =?windows-1252?Q?Le=F3n_Felipe_S=E1nchez_Amb=EDa?=

 Dear Alexander,

 In the meeting last ALAC (April 29), various issues among which I toclo concerning what happened at the meeting of NETmundial in relation to the submitted document and participation were discussed of the members that make up the CCWG on IG and those members of the ICANN community who attended the meeting, ascomo the statement, which is currently open for comment, regarding the integration of a Steering Committee to the design of the mechanism to replace the stewardship of the government of the United States on the IANA functions.

 In parallel, the meeting of CCWG on IG is terminde discuss the proposed charter the working group and the text is in revision end by some members of the working group for Prximo env and the Presidents of the different ACs and SOs so that they undergo the same consideracin of the members of their bodies and, where appropriate, may approve and adopt it as CCWG members on IG.

 One of the points that was made in the charter emphasis on IG CCWG was that within the scope (scope) of the working group should be excluded all matters related to the transition of the supervision functions IANA ascomo regarding the new model of accountability of ICANN.

 But so does the ComitRector (Steering Committee) that coordinarel design of the mechanism and the transition in the supervision of the IANA functions, should be cul platicsobre be the mechanism for appointing representatives At-Large/ALAC within that committee.The option with the highest acceptance was the creation of a selection comitde that, based on criteria that have not been established but is linked to anticipseran extensive experience and knowledge not s but the technician operating procedure and model multiple stakeholders, be responsible for appointing representatives AT-Large/ALAC before that Committee.

 Along with that, it hablde establish an ad-hoc working group within the At-Large so you can provide support to the members appointed to represent At-Large/ALAC within Comitrector.

 From the above, we can conclude, according to our understanding, the CCWG on IG and ComitRector are distinct and independent functions each with different bodies. Also, be aware and propose habrque or comment in relation to the selection criteria established for the members of designacin ComitRector and participate, if their interest, as members of Comitde selection. Lastly, habrque wait for it to convene the working group ad-hoc on the transition from IANA to be included and actively participate.

 We hope this explanation helps you better understand the difference between the different groups and committees, the procedures that will accompany ascomo in each case the activity conformaciny each.

 Regards,

 Ftima and Len