[lac-discuss-en] Could CISPA Be the Next SOPA?

Raquel Gatto raquel.gatto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:08:29 UTC 2012

Hi Carlton,

I agree that we should have a coherent argument, in public or private
regimes, for what we want to keep in privacy ranges/records.

But having it codified the wrong way (which in my opinion is exactly the
problem of SOPA/CISPA and others) is what will weak the users voice to
protect their personal data and privacy.

We are talking about two different regimes: (i) one is public regime which
is due to government. they have limits to act, especially to keep the
accountability to the legitimate sovereigns - the citizens. Of course we
are not in the perfect world and sometimes it is not the way things work.
But it doesn`t mean it shouldn`t and we shouldn`t keep an eye on it, even
if it is to be against taking my/our privacy in name of cyber intelligence
management ;) and (ii) we have the other regime which is a private one. It
is limited by some consumer and privacy regulation that change from place
to place, but in the end we are talking about a choice from a client. So
they have the market bounding and electing their choices to keep them on
the right track.

My 2 cents...

[]s Raquel