[lac-discuss-en] ALAC 2nd Session? Community

apisan at servidor.unam.mx apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Nov 4 20:36:17 EST 2008

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: ALAC 2nd Session? Community
From: apisan at servidor.unam.mx

Sergio, all,

1. I believe that there is to have well-taken care of with the affirmation ficta (that is
to interpret silence like assent);

2. in representation there is nothing no written unless there is an agreement
explicit. The representatives can go mandatados (who sometimes ***reflx mng themselves
as maniatados) or to be chosen with a base of confidence in itspeople,
consciences, and integrity, that ample space gives them so thatthey take
decisions. It is understood in such case that will make consultations before and will render
accounts later. Of course in this list, and the community by which
it takes the voice, is so much politólogos as activists with ample experience
in order to discuss it better.

The conduction of the dialogue in the possible incluyente form will bealways
the best guide.

Alexander Pisanty

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Dr Alexander Pisanty
UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732

* My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
* LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
* Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614

---->> Unete to ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org
  It participates in ICANN, http://www.icann.org
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Presidency Internaut wrote:
> Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:08:02 -0300 > From: Presidency Internaut <presidencia at internauta.org.ar> > To: rmedina at alfa-redi.org > Cc: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] ALAC 2nd Session? Community >  > Dear Rudy: > > Intentare to clarify your doubts on the subject of our representatives. > > In Internaut we understand that the representatives can act single if they take  > mandate of its THIN one to the ALAC meetings, we did not conceive the participation of  > the ALS in this space without the possibility that we prunedourselves to express by  > average of our representatives at the time of which these are before their pairs  > of other regional ones. > > Is why I believe that to do this it is to make "good you practice of  > total and pertinent participation ". > > we did not send to our companions so that they think what they think that  > we goodly can think, if not to reflect the exact thought of  > all the ALS that express in the d!
 ifferent meetings and interchange from  > electronic correspondence within the LACRALO. > > For being but sure which I did was a proposal, is a single companion of  > LACRALO that has been proposed to be liasson in point MOBI (DotMOBI) and  > I believe that serious good that a companion of Latin America and the Caribbean can  > to be there, if there is no opposition or if nobody is expressed I suggested is taken  > silence as a manifestation of the will (single in this case until  > we determine as we handled ourselves thus in these questions) and, ours  > companions can go with mandate to vote by this companions proposed. > > With respect to the "policy of participation of ICANN" was sufficient time  > to participate and to give its opinions in that sense, and no ALS I present/display  > alternative document to this. > > Memory that single ALS (Alfa Redi) had been expressed in opposition, but  > I do not present/display anything alternative nor worthy to struggle the subje!
 ct. > > occurred to a sufficient time for its debate and putti!
 ng in kn
owledge of all. > > In completes LACRALO meeting was defined that the this serious Document  > Definitive, shipment to the list for his completes overhaul,and to no  > to express nobody negatively on the subject is assumed that that is the position  > that our representatives must defend, really, for that was  > chosen, to express the opinions of the majorities in the different ones  > scopes of participation of ICANN and does not stop to express its point of view  > personal, if some of them wants to express itself, I could do it in the meetings  > monthly of the LACRALO or in this list of discussion. When they go to  > ALAC meetings, must consensuar with their companions the points that go away  > to discuss and as is the definitions that are going away to take. I hope to have  > be of aid > > My more respectful greetings > > Sergio > > Original Message From: <rmedina at alfa-redi.org> > To: <presidencia at internauta.org.ar> > Cc: <lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org> > Sent!
 : Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:09 P.m. > Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] ALAC 2nd Session? Community > > > Dear Sergio: > > Of prudent with your request of information on the ICANN meeting. > Would be interesting to know some details of the meetings, to the margin > of all the information that can be found in the Web. > > Of another side, I would like to know the reasons by which ours > representing of the LACRALO must take like mandate the nomination of > Andrés. I do not have left the reason for it clear and I amnot sure that that > is a usual practice in other THIN, but clear I can be mistaken. > > Finally to indicate to the members of the list of the LACRALO that Alpha > Redi does not subscribe, supports or does his the rough draft of policy letter > of trip (or as you call?participación well) in Icann. > > warm Greetings, > > Ruddy Medina > Redi Alpha > > > > presidency Internaut wrote: > &gt; Dear representing companions of LACRALO: podria some of you > &gt; to inform!
  to us on the subjects treated in reunion of today 4 of Novemb!
 er about
 > &gt; 20087 in ALAC? I have wanted to enter and to be impossible to be able to see me or > &gt; to listen to nothing in marinates acrobat. > &gt; On the other hand I want to propose that both representing of the LACRALO they take > &gt; like mandate the nomination of Andres Piazza to be liasson of mobi (dot > &gt; mobi). if nobody is against this gustaria me that silenceis  > &gt; interpreted > &gt; in this ocacion as an express mandate to our representatives on  > &gt; this > &gt; point. > &gt; Envio in case they do not remember our companions the final document > &gt; on the "politicas of participation of ICANN" (badly called  > &gt; "politicas > &gt; of trips"), which this but down, if some of our companions > &gt; needs I can send it by electronic mail or e to it pdf > &gt; warm greetings > &gt; Sergio > &gt;  > &gt; POSITION OF LACRALO BEFORE THE NEW POLITICAS OF PARTICIPATION OF ICANN  > &gt; ( > &gt; BADLY TRIP CALLS POLITICAS) > &gt;  > &gt; the participant organiz!
 ations of the Civil Society of ICANN, we have  > &gt; taken > &gt; knowledge of the decision that has taken east organism tochange  > &gt; forms > &gt; of PARTIPACION in the same one. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Who we formed part of organizations ALS we considered that > &gt; political of trips has a close relationship with the participation of > &gt; Usuary of Internet in ICANN, reason why we rejected emphatically > &gt; decision that is that attempt to the policies and principles from ICANN and  > &gt; by > &gt; of Internet. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; we talked about badly to called "the political ones of trips" ". > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Entendemos that this is thus, so that this in game the fact not to travel, > &gt; but the total potentiality of participation of the civil society in this > &gt; organism. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; we are convinced that the participation in ICANN implies the interaction > &gt; between governments, companies and users to be able to count on a!
 n organization > &gt; that directs the destinies of Internet i!
 n right
and democratic form. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; we did not conceive but in this only sense the participation of the society > &gt; civil like representatives of the end users of Internet, within > &gt; ICANN-Consideramos that ICANN has responded until now to the expectations > &gt; raised, opening to the participation of the OSC like partof a process > &gt; formativo that demands the incorporation of all the actors who participate > &gt; in the life of Internet. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Therefore, every day, is more important obtaining than others > &gt; organizations is gotten up in the real decision making. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; If it looks for a greater participation must surpass the limitations > &gt; that until now makes difficult the decision making. Although in > &gt; the present time has meetings by teleconferencing, this one means of > &gt; communication is limited as opposed to the decision making from the ALS in > &gt; the actual meetings according to which they arrang!
 e our statutes. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Is imperative by virtue of the search of consensuses, that ICANN looks for others > &gt; average of reduction of costs. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Entendemos that one of them could be to trim the costs of > &gt; representation of the structures of governments, since well they could > &gt; to support the costs of participation based on the interests of each  > &gt; one > &gt; of the countries in taking part in the global policies ofcommunication. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; we are convinced that a this serious way solid and been worth of  > &gt; construction > &gt; political you publish of each one of the states with respect to the TICS, > &gt; prioritizing the transparency of management, economic independence, sovereignty > &gt; political and the self-determination of the towns, like cannot be waived norms > &gt; of the countries at the time of the confrontation of ideas and proposals that  > &gt; prioritizes > &gt; the interests of all!
  the humanity and the towns in individual. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &!
 gt; Is i
mportant that the weakest sector is had the charge ofin their participation, already > &gt; that in ICANN occurs the fact that two strong sectors participate from > &gt; economic (companies and governments) and one weak one (ALS), is necessary > &gt; to safeguard the rights of the majorities (the Users of Internet), that  > &gt; > &gt; finds as opposed to in a position of inequality the powerful ones. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; the history of our region has demonstrated that the work to us between > &gt; different representative sectors from the democratic life, has affirmed > &gt; value of the plurality. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; we do not understand the total and pertinent participation without the three > &gt; valued estates of representation is seated in equality of > &gt; conditions and possibilities, that is to say, a true World-wide government of > &gt; Internet with egalitarian tripartite representation, between States, Companies > &gt; and End users of Internet. > !
 &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Is why we insisted on the total participation of how until now > &gt; we have participated and we did not resign to the rights acquired in ICANN by > &gt; the Users of Internet. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Must be adopted political effective to avoid the concentration of > &gt; information and the decisions of the policies in ICANN. If few  > &gt; has > &gt; the possibility of controlling the information is not possible a participation > &gt; total and pertinent. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Entendemos that the reduction in the possibility of participation of > &gt; End users of Internet conspires against the democratic system > &gt; established in ICANN. Since when restricting the plurality and diversity that > &gt; assures the total exercise the right to the information and participation of > &gt; the users causes a scene of social injustice. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Those that it has more discusses and participates and those that less they have an!
 d more  > &gt; contributes > &gt; to the system is outside the!
  world o
f the debates and theconstruction of  > &gt; one > &gt; Internet better. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; For these reasons we ratified ourselves in the search of a participation > &gt; egalitarian that improves the fulfillment of the ICANN objectives and therefore > &gt; of the Users of Internet and we hoped that the decision is reverted in > &gt; please the real participation of the end users of Internet in this > &gt; structure of world-wide participation of the destinies ofInternet. > > > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-is mailing list > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es_atlarge-lists.icann.org > > http://www.lacralo.org >

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/0be883d020.html