[EURO-Discuss] Regional advice on France at Large application needed

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Apr 28 21:31:46 EDT 2008

Dear Nick,
thank you for you first real mail on the matter.

At 02:47 29/04/2008, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
>Dear All:
>In respect of the points below a few clarifications:
>
>1. The France at large application was received on 13th February 2008,
>during the ICANN international meeting.

So, it was probably immediately dicussed since everyone was there.

>As a result of the hectic nature of being at an ICANN meeting the
>application was not acknowledged until the 28th February, which is 8
>days longer than it should have taken. We apologised to M Morfin in
>that email for the delay and explained the nature of the delay.

Correct.

>2. The due dilligence form was actually completed by several members
>of the ICANN staff – the first version was done by M Minisci, the
>Regional Liaison for Europe. The regional liaison for each region
>always fills out the due dilligence form in the first instance as
>they are most likely to know of new applicant organisations.

ICANN archives can help.

>Because of the fact that Massimiliano is quite new, and there were
>still a number of open questions, I then performed additional due
>dilligence. The later due dilligence form you will find has
>additional information and elaboration in various respects.

Please indicate what this document changes, when it was approved, in
what way france at large does not comply with it.

>3. Frederic did ask to speak to those persons that the application
>identified as being other leaders in france at large. M Morfin was
>unwilling to allow this unless he could attend each such call in person.

????
I was surprised when Frederic asked me the permission to call them
(why to ask about them if it is not to call them). I even sent them a
mail, copied to Frederic, to introduce Frederic and explain them he
was very very new and how to best help him.

>It may be worthwhile for everyone to know that this application has
>required about 10 times the amount of due dilligence as is the norm
>for ALS applications.

We are interested to understand why?
Our application is online for everyone to see :
http://alfrance.info/index.php?title=Proc%C3%A9dure_d%27adh%C3%A9sion_%C3%A0_l%27ALAC

>The due dilligence process was performed as required by the ALS
>Application Evaluation Guidelines, attached hereto in order for it
>to be easily found.
>
>The applicant is due to receive a decision on the application not
>later than 7 May 2008. From my understanding of the intent of ALAC
>to vote imminently on this application this deadline should be reached.

The first question of Frederic's first short phone call was to know
what I though went wrong to explain the delay. Since this mail raises
no additional question, I am to consider that the reason for the
delay (a very slow, obscure, and odd process) is elsewhere.

The question is where this elsewhere is.
jfc