[EURO-Discuss] We nominated two EURALO officers. Why it's not enough?

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Aug 6 22:10:35 UTC 2015

Dear All,

We would like to respond to the questions raised below.

Procedures for all ALAC and related functions are clearly defined in ALAC’s Rules of Procedure (RoP) which are similar for all RALOs. They contain a timeline, call for nominations, support, acceptance by suggested candidates and a date/deadline for voting etc. The ALAC call for nominations, including for the EURALO ALAC representative and the ALAC NomCom Delegate from the European Region, was sent by staff on 30 April.

ALAC and RALO selections are usually separate procedures with their own timetable.

The RALO Chair and Secretary normally set the timetable for the RALO regional selections.

The positions of  the EURALO Chair and the EURALO Secretary are due for selection this year. Both of these positions have a two year term.

The timetable for the EURALO regional selection is:

  *   17 August - Announcement of call for nominations and Nominee's Statement.
  *   17 August - 31 August - Nomination period.
  *   05 September - Deadline for nomination acceptances.
  *   21 October - Elections (If required elections will take place during the EURALO General Assembly on Wednesday, 21 October).
  *   2015 AGM [ ICANN 54 ]  - The newly selected Chair and Secretary shall take their seats at the close of the 2015 AGM on Thursday, 22nd October 201

It was decided during recent EURALO teleconferences that the nomination for the next EURALO Officers will be launched *after the summer break* by mid-August.

As this nomination period will be the official start of the regional selections, previous nominations cannot be accepted.

The 2015 EURALO Regional Selection Workspace is located at: https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+2015.

Once the nomination period opens, all members of EURALO may nominate candidates for the position of Chair and Secretary either on 2015 EURALO Regional Selection Workspace or through the EURALO mailing list.

Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine and Terri Agnew
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
Facebook: www.facebook.com/icann<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>atlarge<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
Twitter: @<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>ICANNAtLarge<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>