[EURO-Discuss] follow our own bylaws

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Wed May 9 17:06:52 EDT 2007

Nick Ashton-Hart ha scritto:
> We (Susie and myself) will therefore setup a vote to start this
> Friday, when the election would have started, and ending on the same
> date the election would have ended, with this question:

Please note that if it turns out that you can enjoy rights without
signing the related agreement, my organization will consider terminating
the agreement. Why should we sign a contract if it is not necessary?

Anyway, if you really want a vote on that, let's do this in parallel;
but let's not delay the rest of the procedure. I think that further
delays are unacceptable. We already stretched the original schedule a
lot, we accepted late nominations without objection, we encouraged those
who had not signed yet to do it now so that they could still participate
in the vote. Many of us here accepted lots and lots of compromises,
trying to build a home that can be good both for techies and for
activists, for groups and for individuals; and we still receive messages
stating "the only solution is to do exactly as I say". I think that
ICANN should be more supportive of constructive contributions and less
accommodating with destructive ones.

In the end, people have to realize that either they believe in this
process, and so sign the MoU and accept to live with the diversity of
opinions in the group, or they do not, and so they stop participating.
Just staying half way, posting objections to each and every step
forward, is neither useful nor reasonable for anyone.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------