[EURO-Discuss] follow our own bylaws

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Wed May 9 14:31:16 EDT 2007

Stefan, two questions to make sure I understand where we are:

Since you object to 7, do you object to voting on whether there will
be 5, 7, or 9 board members?

As to the objection about ALSes: It seems to me that there is no
option, therefore, but that there must be a vote amongst those who
have signed the MoU as to whether or not they wish to formally require
that only those who have signed the MoU may vote in the election.

Since they have signed the MoU, it is up to them to decide whether
they wish to limit the voting rights in the manner proposed, as
provided in the relevant clauses of the MoU.

There are at present only three ALSes who have not yet signed the MoU.

We (Susie and myself) will therefore setup a vote to start this
Friday, when the election would have started, and ending on the same
date the election would have ended, with this question:

"Shall voting rights in the upcoming elections be limited to those who
have signed the MoU with ICANN?"

The available options will then be:

YES
NO
ABSTAIN

Hopefully this will meet with general understanding.