[EURO-Discuss] Lisbon Follow Up

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Mar 31 12:10:55 EDT 2007

Werner Hülsmann ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> till now I didn't receive a protocoll about the meeting in Lisbon. I also didn't
> receive a timetable about the next steps. Pleas send this to the list!

It was sent to the list on Tuesday, see here:
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss_atlarge-lists.icann.org/2007-March/000162.html

That message has pointers to the final MoU and Bylaws (the Bylaws need
cleaning and renumbering, which staff will do asap) and an attachment
with the approved procedure. For the sake of clarity, I am pasting it
here - hope it is useful:

======
1 -  14 April

Nominations accepted on euro-discuss a atlarge-lists.icann.org for:
* At least five seats on the Board of the EURALO – 3 for one year
(ending at the EURALO AGM in 2008, and 2 for two years – ending at the
EURALO AGM in 2009.
* One At-Large Advisory Committee seat for a term lasting from the date
of the election until the ICANN AGM in 2008
* One At-Large Advisory Committee seat for a term from the date of the
election until the ICANN AGM in 2009

Nominations may be self nominations, or nominations of others.

It is acceptable for an nomination to be an expression of willingness to
serve in one or more capacities, and to note a preference with respect
to one position or another, if that is desirable.

Where a nomination of others is made, the person nominated must accept
the nomination on or before the 14th April.

All nominations must be seconded to be carried forward.

An ALS representative may choose to nominate for all the available
positions, or only some of them.

All nominations to be posted on a wiki page by the Staff, the page being
publicly accessible. The seconding of nominations will be noted.

Each ALS to provide, by email to the euro-discuss list, the name of the
authorised representative to vote in the election on behalf of that
organisation. The Staff will keep the list current.

15 – 22 April

Discussion of Nominations and of the number of EURALO Board seats on the
euro-discuss list. ALSes are free to discuss on the ALS list as well,
especially with respect to nominations of persons not a member of an
existing ALS, if there are any such nominations.

23 – 29 April

One or more teleconferences to be held at a convenient time for the
majority of ALSes at some point during this period, arranged by the
Staff, for the purpose of discussing nominations with a view to
attempting to reach a consensus, to the extent possible, on as many of
the open positions as possible, and on the number of Board members. The
teleconferences may agree to postpone the following phase by a maximum
of two weeks if participants feel the need for more time to reach consensus.

1 – 5 May

For those positions which could not be filled by consensus, an
electronic vote shall be held. For this vote, for what regards the
remaining open positions, separately for the EURALO Board and for the
ALAC members, each ALS will rank all the candidates (no one excluded) in
an order of preference, from the most liked candidate (1) to the least
liked one. Then the ranking of each candidate will be added up, and the
candidates with less total points (compatibly with eligibility and
diversity requirements) will be elected. Among the elected candidates,
the ones with less total points will get the longer terms.

One person from outside the European region, selected by the ALAC, will
act, alongside the staff, as verifier of the vote results, and the Staff
will ensure that they have the requisite level of access to the voting
system to do so.

Voting shall operate as provided in the version of the EURALO bylaws as
agreed on 24th March 2007 at the Lisbon meeting.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------