[Euro-board] Possible initiative during ICANN71 and next EURALO AG

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:50:14 UTC 2021

Replies in red below:

On 06.03.2021, at 23:14, Sebicann Bachollet via Euro-board <euro-board at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:euro-board at atlarge-lists.icann.org>> wrote:

During the last call regarding the preparation of the next f2f we exchange some reflexion and proposals.

I would like the PoV of all EURALO Board members.

1/ No EURALO f2f AG in conjonction with EURODIG 2021

I was looking forward to having the AGM in my home town, but I have to admit that the circumstances are against this possibility

2/ Possible EUALO f2f GA along with IGF Global in Poland
((My personal PoV is that IGF is already preparing an hybrid meeting, that seems to say that it will not be a full f2f meeting, therefor I suggest that we already take the decision to organize the f2f GA in 2022 (during the first 6 months).))
We will discuss that during the next EGAP meeting on March 30, 2021

My personal opinion is that the main reason for a hybrid Global IGF is that there will be serious restrictions about intercontinental travel. I may be optimistic, but I believe that in Europe, provided that the vaccination will not have unexpected failures, would have reduced the impact of the virus in Europe, and that moderate travel will be allowed by early December, when the IGF will take place.
Therefore, I would expect non negligible presence from European stakeholder in Poland. This will be also the last IGF in Europe for a while, therefore a unique opportunity for EURALO to participate to a meeting of this type, with a positive impact on presenting EURALO - and the AtLarge community - to a wider audience. If we have a focus on outreach, this option will be far better, IMHO, than ICANN Den Haag in June 2022.
Last but not least, unless I am wrong, we have a wider room for improvement in our membership in Eastern Europe than in Western Europe.

3/ Regarding mobilisation of EURALO members and members of members can we consider to organise during ICANN71 (maybe on the prep week, 1st or 8th of June 2021) a meeting in direction of all the members and members of members of EURALO with the goal to explain the functioning of At-Large and how to participate to ICANN70 and ICANN work in general.
It could be a good preparation of any training and/or EURALO GA.

Could be a good idea

4/ If it is possible to participate physically to EURODIG, I would like to suggest that we use CROP for the EURALO Secretary and the Chair and possibly a 3rd person to be on site.

Attendance to EuroDIG is indeed important, agree.

Thanks for your feedback.
Take care

Cheers,
Roberto