[APAC-Discuss] Survey: ICANN effectiveness as a global organization [URGENT]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:27:22 UTC 2012

*Attention:* All At Large Structures within APRALO

Dear APRALO,

Warm Greetings!  As per the advice of ALAC Chair, I am sending you this
Survey and this is your opportunity to have your say on ICANN effectiveness
as a global organisation. I encourage all ALS and members within ALSs' to
participate.

[I have edited ALAC Chair's original message as well as Kurt Pritz's
message notifying us of the Survey for ease of reference].

The survey is available in all of the UN languages ( English - Arabic -
Chinese - Russian - French - Spanish), and feedback is encouraged from
stakeholders in all regions. The survey is open until *22 April 2012*.

*Access the Survey*
ICANN is publishing today a survey (http://questionpro.com/t/AHB7OZM7Lx)
<http://questionpro.com/t/AHB7OZM7Lx%20> to solicit community input on
improving its effectiveness as a global organization.

*Your Participation is Key*
Participation is important. The feedback collected from the survey *will*
* help inform ICANN's strategy for improving its global engagement*.

By identifying the activities that are most important toward fully
reflecting the global nature of ICANN¹s mission, the feedback will also
help to establish priorities for ICANN. The survey results will be
shared with the ICANN community and additional opportunities will be
made available to comment before any actions are formalized and implemented.

*Objectives of the Survey*

The survey is intended to aid understanding the following:

1) The extent to which our current participation and operating processes
either: encourage global participation in ICANN; contribute to ICANN's
global effectiveness; or improve ICANN's interactions as a global
organization.

2) The extent to which ICANN's participation and operating processes
improve ICANN's reputation globally.

In addition to the multiple-choice survey questions, every section
includes an open-ended text box to provide supporting information or
specific recommendations. Taking the time to add written comments is
important and can contribute directly to strategy development.

If you have any questions or concerns about the survey, please send an
e-mail to: participation at icann.org <mailto:participation at icann.org> or
write directly to me at pritz at icann.org <mailto:pritz at icann.org>.

Please participate. Please strongly encourage others to do so.

Sincerely,

Kurt Pritz

ICANN