[APAC-Discuss] Call for Comments/Feedback [.Com Renewal]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:22:04 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues with APRALO and special Attention to all ALS:

We would like to consolidate some feedback from you on what you think about
Verisign's proposed agreement for renewal of the .com

Please reach out to your various At Large Structures and start
consolidating feedback and revert to this list on say 15th April, 2012. I
have asked the Staff to also translate into the various UN Languages for
non English speakers.

Once the material and feedback comes in, we will consolidate the comments
coming into a single document (page(s)) before we finalise.

*Message from Alan Greenberg to ALAC*
.com Registry Agreement Renewal

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-27mar12-en.htm

Executive Summary

ICANN is posting today for public comment Verisign's proposed
agreement for renewal of the 2006 .com Registry Agreement between
ICANN and Verisign. This proposal is a result of discussions between
ICANN and VeriSign, and will be considered by the ICANN Board after
public comment. The current agreement will expire on 30 November
2012. Public comment may be submitted through April 26, 2012 and
viewed at:
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/com-renewal-27mar12-en.htm

This summary describes important aspects of the registry agreement
renewal process, the content of the proposed agreement renewal, and
certain background to the proposed agreement. This summary is
accompanied by the "red line" version of the agreement and several
documents that describe and summarize the proposal. Upcoming
agreements due to be renewed in 2012 such as .biz, .info, .name and
.org will follow a similar process.

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT