[ALAC] Meeting with Goran 22 September 16.00utc.

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Sep 18 17:13:35 UTC 2020

Agreed. Although the value of our volunteer contributions is great,
we need to remember a few other things.

- Perhaps not for us, but for many in ICANN, what is deemed to be
"volunteer" time is really being paid for by employers as parts of
their jobs. Not all, but a lot.
- Placing a value on what we generate is very difficult and is very
mush in the eye of the beholder.
- We have NO idea what it costs ICANN to support us. Despite decades
of us asking, that is still the case. So although we might be able to
develop a value to the contribution we made based on people's time,
it is only part of the equation.

Alan