[ALAC] RoP and E-mail Guide

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Mon Oct 15 21:40:09 UTC 2018

Judith, first and foremost, this is something that needs to be dealt
with at the RALO level. Although NARALO does not have a mechanism to
remove a RALO-appointed ALAC Member, there is nothing to stop you
from adding such a process. Moreover, I would think that getting a
commitment from a prospective ALAC member before he or she is
selected is reasonable.

And of course, since a person may serve 2 (or more under certain
circumstances) terms, a person who does not perform well should not
be re-selected (I note that with the exception of me, for various
reasons, NARALO has not had an opportunity to select anyone for a 2nd
term since 2013).

And as Seun has said, "all" may be a bit sweeping, particularly if we
are successful in getting more actual policy discussions going at the
RALO level.

Alan