[ALAC] Fwd: Motion to amend the ALAC Rules of Procedure

Kan Kaili kankaili at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:14:47 UTC 2018

First of all, I agree that the decision on individual membership is not to be done now, but would be handled by later discussions.

Further more, it is my understanding that the handling of individual membership is not uniform among all RALOs.  Each RALO defines their own criteria for membership and the rights/duties associated.

Thus, if At-Large/ALAC decides to establish a uniform individual membership, it would help to first review and compare the current practice of all RALOs, as well as to understand the reason for any differences.  Only after that, we can better understand the pros and cons of establishing such a uniform membership, and get a better picture of what/how to do next.

Regarding whether an indevidual membership needs to be voted upon by the ALAC, there are many ways to go between the extremes.  These can be further explored after we do the above mentioned but not before.

Kaili