[ALAC] NomCom selection of ALAC Members

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:33:45 UTC 2017

Hi all

There are two issues relating to the NomCom that have been raised in the
past:
1) the criteria that are required by each person who is  chosen by their
RALO to represent the interests of At-Large in their region on the NomCom,
and
2) the criteria that are required of the person who is chosen by the NomCom
to represent the interests of At-Large in the region that person will
represent on the ALAC.

Both criteria will be different because they reflect representation for
different roles and responsibilities.

An issue that we must be mindful of, is that we do not want the NomCom to
repeat the recent embarrassing error in their selection of the
representative for the ccNSO Council. Criteria that had been given to the
NomCom by the ccNSO as to their requirements of the person to fill their
Council position. These were overlooked because the NomCom said they hadn't
seen this list of requirements, but also that if the ccNSO wanted any
criteria to be adhered to, then the NomCom bylaws needed to be changed.

Fortunately it is timely that the NomCom Review will make it possible for
communities to make comments about the requirements, roles and
responsibilities of the NomCom members themselves, and also of the
important  ALAC members that they select to represent the interests of the
respecitve RALOs.  .

Maureen