[ALAC] Prep for Session on At-Large Working Groups

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 25 17:21:39 UTC 2017

We have been discussing WGs for ages. The At-Large Review now makes
it essential that we take definitive action to clarify WG (under a
variety of names) status.

At the meeting, we will discuss the groups and my hope is we will take action.

Attached is a chart of all groups with their current status (after
Evin's Wiki Workspace review and cleanup) and my proposed
"strawperson" - an idea to be discussed, adopted, or altered.

Also attached is a mission statement for two of the groups that ws
previously distributed and I think agreed upon.

Some definitions for strawperson words:

Membership: Annual review of membership and removal of those no
longer active. May involve leadership review of membership and/or
mailing lists and/or e-mail confirmations from some/all.

Archive: Wiki stays. Marked as Archived. mailing list Archives stay,
Mailing list disabled.

SME: Subject Matter Expert - no need to a full WG, but need to
identify one or more SME to handles questions or issues.

Mailing list: No need to a group that meets, but maintain a mailing
list for discussion.

Repopulate: Groups that have full or partial membership selected by
ALAC/RALOs or by office.2