[ALAC] RDS Review

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 9 21:43:01 UTC 2017

Thanks Leon

My recommendation for a VERY limited review is really more from desperation. And, since this is a really important issue for users. maybe we should revive something Rinalia started but I did for a couple of ICANN meetings - devote a couple of hours of ALAC time to explain policy issues in detail.  (and those discussions have included discussion of Whois).  So - in planning for Copenhagen, I would like to strongly suggest we make time for two things:  a workshop on the Review, and time for ALAC to work through its thoughts on current policy issues.  I am more than aware of the Hot Topic sessions - and to an extent they replace our policy sessions.  But I am talking about specific sessions just to discuss what an ALAC policy position should be. (using Garth’s suggestion for an ALAC consideration of issues)

And top of my list - Whois - what it is and why there is so much discussion - and groups - on the issue.  I’m sure there are others.  But what this discussion has brought to my mind is that more of us should be at least a bit aware of the current policy issues before ICANN.

So Leon - you’re next

Holly