[ALAC] IMPORTANT: NomCom Delegates

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat May 21 01:47:07 UTC 2016

As you know, the ALAC must select five delegates,
one per region, to the 2017 Nominating committee.

The applicable section of the ICANN Bylaws reads:
"The ALAC shall, after consultation with each
RALO, annually appoint five voting delegates (no
two of whom shall be citizens of countries in the
same Geographic Region, as defined according to
Section 5 of Article VI) to the Nominating Committee."

The regions have all made their recommendations to the ALAC. They are:

AFRALO: Dave Kissoondoyal (2nd of 2 years)
APRALO: Amir Qayyum (2nd of 2 years)
EURALO: Sandra Hoferichter
LACRALO: José Ovidio Salgueiro
NARALO: Eduardo Diaz (2nd of 2 years)

The ALAC must consider the RALO recommendations,
but is not obliged to follow them.

In preparation for formally appointing delegates,
there will be an agenda item on next week's ALAC
meeting. If, for any reason, you believe that we
should not follow any of these recommendations,
please let me know privately, and the ALAC will
meet in confidential session to discuss the recommendations.