[ALAC] Board approved Resolutions March 9&10

Judith Hellerstein judith at jhellerstein.com
Tue Mar 15 11:35:58 UTC 2016

Hi Rinalia,

Thanks for your note.  I too am surprised that they are not going to LAC as i thought they would go in 2018. If they do not have it in PR or in North America we also will not have a meeting in region until 2019. Also as you recall we the board only funded one GA last year and we let Euralo have it since the Dublin meeting was in their region. If they cancel PR and go out of region again we will not have a GA for several years.  If you could remind people about that it would be great.  Also as Naralo is not able to get fellows we have a harder time getting new young people interested and engaged in ICANN and in Naralo and had been counting on the Next Gen program to introduce icann to university fellows in the region.  If the meeting goes our of region than we also lose these next gen fellows.

If they can keep that in mind, we would greatly appreciate it

Cheers!!
Judith

Sent from my iPad
Judith at jhellerstein.com