[ALAC] Topics for the ALAC-Board meeting

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at benjemaa.com
Wed Mar 2 16:05:24 UTC 2016

All these points in 60 minutes??? I find it too heavy.
I suggest to remove the new meeting strategy point and the one of annual « special » requests for the following reasons:
the new meeting strategy didn’t start yet: the first experience is Marrakech, and I don’t find meeting A too different from meetings of the « old »  strategy. So, we will spend time assessing and reviewing when we will make a full cycle (Meetings A, B, and C).
The importance of the multi-year planning for summits and GAs made me propose to remove the second sub-bullet point. I think that raising the special request one will dilute the subject and reduce the value of the first sub-bullet point. Also, we have a year before the next « special » request, so it is not urgent.

I also suggest to define a time division for the remaining points. I propose:

> feedback on the final report of the CCWG on Accountability

Sensitive New gTLDs - GAC Category 1, Safeguards 1-8
Budget issues: Multi-year GA and Summit planning
Consumer Trust
Diversity is considered to be a challenge in ICANN. How is your SO/AC doing with regard to enhancing diversity in all its dimensions? What can ICANN do to support that effort?