[ALAC] Explanation of RoP Director voting alternatives

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Jun 15 17:26:12 UTC 2016

As I said, I think that option 2 will lead to
strategic voting where the supporters of the
leading candidate may vote for the WEAKEST
candidate instead of for their preferred choice
(among the two), and I believe that in the final
race, we should have the two strongest candidates against each other.

You are correct that option 1 brings the leading
contestant in, but option 2 allows the electors
who support this candidate to vote (since we could not exclude them!)

But clearly others have a different views. Makes life interesting!

Alan