[ALAC] Request for a snapshot view on next round new gTLD program outlook from the ALAC for the ICANN Board

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 14 01:58:47 UTC 2016

I thought I had made it clear that I was kicking
off the discussion with my personal views. If
indeed there is a desire within the ALAC
(presumably in response to the wider community),
then the ALAC could well issue such advice. And
indeed, if there is a strong beleif that we
should issue such advice, we would be derelict in not doing so.

At the moment, I am hearing that ICANN should not
set a date for a further round, and indeed not
even presume there will be such a round, or other
mechanism to allocate gTLDs, but rather wait for
the current processes to progress.

If I am misreading the messages, I am sure people will point it out.

Alan