[ALAC] Fwd: Response to Willett letter re: Policy Advisory Board model - Public Consultation

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Feb 15 11:51:03 UTC 2014

Dear Evan,

thank you for your kind message. I note that there has indeed been
discussion in the ALAC new gTLD Working Group. I would suggest the
following:

- create a document which the public comment should be commenting on.
This could be a version of the proposal of the Policy Advisory Board
(PAB) model.
- make sure you know what you are asking for in the public comment
process. ie. will you be asking specific questions? Are there are
specifics of the PAB which you are looking to have people comment on?
How will the PC advance the ALAC's process?
- in order for this to go to public comment, I'd like to make sure there
is consensus on the ALAC so I would be more comfortable with an ALAC vote.
  * time for ALAC members to discuss the PAB with the wider At-Large: 1 week
  * ALAC vote: 5 working days

In the meantime, and assuming the ALAC decides to proceed forward with a
requesting an ICANN-wide public comment, could At-Large Staff please
forecast it on our calendar?

Many thanks,

Olivier

--