[ALAC] Fwd: Response to Willett letter re: Policy Advisory Board model - Public Consultation

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Feb 14 22:55:10 UTC 2014

Thank you for posting this, Olivier.

At the ALAC new-gTLD Working Group, since I raised this issue for
discussion there has been no dissent and only comment in favour.

I would like to propose that we open the concept of the Policy Advisory
Board model -- as a supplement and possible replacement for certain TLD
strings -- for a formal Public Comment.
If possible I would like to start this PCP as soon as possible so we have
some valuable input in time for Singapore.

Is this doable? If so, what is the process to create an formal
ALAC-initiated Public Comment Process? Does it require an ALAC vote?
Whatever the process, I would like to do what I can do to make this happen
ASAP if it has broader At-Large support.

- Evan