[ALAC] Fwd: Re: CALL FOR COMMENTS: ALAC Statement on the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information Working Group SO-AC Input Request

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 06:20:35 UTC 2014

Dear Olivier,

I believe the questions posed to SO/AC  from the Translation
Transliteration of Contact Information WG requires At-Large scrutiny beyond
the IDN Working Group.  The Registration Issues WG, among others, may have
a view on some of the key issues.

The question of who should pay for translation and / or transliteration,
for example, may implicate registrants.  This question is linked to the
purpose and benefit of contact data transformation, which is a higher level
issue.

Best regards,

Rinalia
 Dear Staff,

I note the request for feedback.  I think the format in which the request
is made will deter responses.  Specifically, the questions posed are buried
in a PDF document and not highlighted for appropriate attention.

Action Needed:
1. Please lift the questions out of the mail from Glen and highlight
prominently on the wiki page.
2.  Please number the questions so that people can identify the ones that
they are responding to and so that it would be easier to aggregate and
analyze the response.

Thanks.

Rinalia