[ALAC] Next round in the battle of letters regarding PICs

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 11 04:51:14 UTC 2014

Well, there is no way to know if Thomas would have sent his letter
reminding the Board of unanswered GAC advice without our action, but
in the absence of knowledge, we can take credit.  ;-)

On the Board, I think that you are being a bit unfair. They deserve
all the knocks for not doing things properly when the issues first
arose, and for allowing critical contracts to be signed creating the
potentially uneven playing field.

However, now that we are where we are, it is not just an issue of who
do you love more. They have placed themselves in a VERY difficult
position (and as I said I have little sympathy), but if I was in a
position to "fix" things, I am not at all sure exactly how I would go
about doing that.

I too hope to be pleasantly surprised, but if I am, it will be
because they have worked there way through a complex maze.

Alan