[ALAC] [ALAC-Objections] First Community objections results and determinations being published by the ICC

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Sep 26 20:10:12 UTC 2013

I would note, from reading the letter from these applicants, that the
perceived flaws of the system are, in this case at least, working in favour
of the public interest.

Reading the letter, it seems that the applicants are taking to task (what
is in their opinion) an overly broad interpretation of the term
"community", and wish to dismiss the objections by belittling the
objectors' status. They go so far as to characterize two (IMO reasonable)
GAC early warnings as "outrageous".

If this is the way the Experts will be operating -- erring on the side of
public interest when AGB lacks clarity, and recognizing the more-absurd
constraints on ICANN's definition of "community" -- I'm OK with that.

- Evan