[ALAC] Draft Statement on the questions from IGO/INGO PDP WG

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:11:52 UTC 2013

I share Alan's perspectives here.

I think the Board well understand why the ALAC and others advocate the
distinctions we offer. But the nature of the politics - and likely concerns
re optics - have served to stiffen the Board's resolve to stay the course.
Throwing the matter back into the GNSO's lap is a pro forma gesture,
unlikely to produce new results.

The ALAC is already on record. Even if they see this Q & A - and I doubt
very much they will! - it will not make a difference. Keep the powder dry
for another day. No need to get into a head butting contest with so little
as reward.

-Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799