[ALAC] Urgent - ALAC Statements on Community Applications

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 08:06:41 UTC 2013

Hi, Tijani.

I agree that the criteria would be crucial for the first statement to avoid
gaming.  We can certainly flag the importance of having appropriate
criteria in place.

There are options in terms of how to handle or rank community-related
applications.  It will involve some value judgement on what is important or
valued where communities are concerned and it won't please everyone.  But
let's go into that when ICANN demonstrates that it is ready and willing to
give preferential treatment to applications related to communities.

On the language of the second statement, Olivier usually vets all ALAC
statements. I trust that his mastery of English will improve whatever it is
that needs improving.

Best regards,

Rinalia