[ALAC] Urgent - ALAC Statements on Community Applications

Tijani BENJEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Mon Aug 5 04:53:34 UTC 2013

Good morning Rinalia,

For the first statement, I fully support it in principle. But as I said in a
previous discussion on this issue, I’m a little bit concerned about gaming.
It’s true that the AGB criteria for the community application are very
tight, but who will decide if the application that doesn’t fit the community
criteria has a community support??? Where you will put the limit?

During the elaboration of the JAS recommendations, some told me that
Verisign (for example) can bring the proof of community support for its
application, and yet, it is purely commercial.

So, I support the concept assuming there are clear criteria for any
prioritized application on the basis of community support.

You will tell me this statement doesn’t go to the details; I agree, but we
can add a word of reserve (pending definition of clear criteria).

As for the second statement regarding the panels, I support it. I’m not an
English speaker, but I find that the language needs to be improved.

----

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Phone:  + 216 41 649 605