[ALAC] Red Cross/IOC - Questions for Consensus Call - Reply due by September 26th

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:24:01 UTC 2012

To be frank, George Sadowsky had forecasted some of this in Singapore. It
is not a clear trajectory but we have to help the GNSO IOC-RC Drafting Team
by being diligent. This means that whilst Alan has made suggestions, and
moreover in light of the fact that we still do not have the Final Issues
Report (which I must admit bothers me), we need to   all focus on the
broader implications.

Avri is correct to be raising her concerns. If we are silent on a few
critical issues (more than just splitting the IOC and Red Cross Red
Crescent Movement, there are other policy implications as well, decisions
will be made without us making full and clear statements. And sorry guys,
but this is one instance where a mere statement does not cut it, we need
proper submissions with full scale analysis.

As it stands, we the ALAC purport to hold a key voice into the Policy
spaces within ICANN.

Kind Regards,
Sala