[lac-discuss-es] [lac-discuss-en] OPEN for comments through 11 October 2022 - ALAC statement on the Holistic Review TOR

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:26:47 UTC 2022

Claire,

I have now made this submission as a personal one.

I do formally request that you record and transmit it as a dissenting
input. If any one else adheres please state so.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 2:02 PM Alejandro Pisanty <apisanty en gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this statement should not be ratified "as is"; instead, the following (at
> least) should be submitted:
>
> 1. the review must be performed including as reviewers parties designated
> by processes independent of all SO's and AC's. The vetting process through
> the SO's and AC's in the recent years (since it was instituted) has given
> rise to more insidership than ever and this in turn has weakened the
> reviews to the point of making some of them unworkable. The Board must be
> at freedom to designate external members.
> 2. The paragraph on "consideration of how the review reviews AC's and SO's
> should be omitted. ALL of ICANN should be reviewed with the same level of
> rigorous evaluation. THAT is what "HOLISTIC" means.
> 3. The objectives of the review must include "simplification of all ICANN
> processes to the utmost achievable level" lest it end up, as the previous
> ATRT's (we already have three!!), in more bureaucracy and more make-work.
>
> Yours,
>
> Alejandro Pisanty
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 9:54 AM Claire Craig <claireccraig en gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Please review the Draft LACRALO position on the Pilot Holistic Review and
>> provide your comments and feed. It would be appreciated if you can send
>> today as a matter of urgency.
>>
>> On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 at 12:16, <silvia.vivanco en icann.org> wrote:
>>
>>> [[-- Translated text (en -> es) --]]
>>>
>>> Estimados,
>>>
>>>  Consulte el documento de Google:
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/12kNCFCBca63eeAZbgBvvVXNLsFGbOUxzWc229o22gJY/edit
>>> [docs.google.com] <
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/12kNCFCBca63eeAZbgBvvVXNLsFGbOUxzWc229o22gJY/edit__;!!PtGJab4!_J_lDzHTX0_2GLc4My8k5wuVllw5bZkD6zyEZP1sfuhaDnkQtR4cSQzKwiItZCHi7sXu-dU6WgDxQ51N3Ais3jlaa1kbXQ$>
>>> con el borrador de la declaración del ALAC sobre los TOR de revisión
>>> holística. Nota: Los comentarios de importancia crítica solo se aceptarán
>>> hasta las 23:59 UTC del 11 de octubre de 2022.
>>>
>>>  ¡Muchos gracias!
>>>
>>>  Personal general
>>>  Personal de políticas de la ICANN en apoyo de la comunidad At-Large
>>>  Sitio web: atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org] <
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/atlarge.icann.org/__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tFAwel7A$
>>> >
>>>  Facebook: facebook.com/icann [facebook.com] <
> [...]
>>> ICANNatLarge [twitter.com] <