[lac-discuss-es] [lac-discuss-en] OPEN for comments through 11 October 2022 - ALAC statement on the Holistic Review TOR

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:02:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

this statement should not be ratified "as is"; instead, the following (at
least) should be submitted:

1. the review must be performed including as reviewers parties designated
by processes independent of all SO's and AC's. The vetting process through
the SO's and AC's in the recent years (since it was instituted) has given
rise to more insidership than ever and this in turn has weakened the
reviews to the point of making some of them unworkable. The Board must be
at freedom to designate external members.
2. The paragraph on "consideration of how the review reviews AC's and SO's
should be omitted. ALL of ICANN should be reviewed with the same level of
rigorous evaluation. THAT is what "HOLISTIC" means.
3. The objectives of the review must include "simplification of all ICANN
processes to the utmost achievable level" lest it end up, as the previous
ATRT's (we already have three!!), in more bureaucracy and more make-work.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 9:54 AM Claire Craig <claireccraig en gmail.com> wrote:

> Please review the Draft LACRALO position on the Pilot Holistic Review and
> provide your comments and feed. It would be appreciated if you can send
> today as a matter of urgency.
>
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2022 at 12:16, <silvia.vivanco en icann.org> wrote:
>
>> [[-- Translated text (en -> es) --]]
>>
>> Estimados,
>>
>>  Consulte el documento de Google:
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/12kNCFCBca63eeAZbgBvvVXNLsFGbOUxzWc229o22gJY/edit
>> [docs.google.com] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/12kNCFCBca63eeAZbgBvvVXNLsFGbOUxzWc229o22gJY/edit__;!!PtGJab4!_J_lDzHTX0_2GLc4My8k5wuVllw5bZkD6zyEZP1sfuhaDnkQtR4cSQzKwiItZCHi7sXu-dU6WgDxQ51N3Ais3jlaa1kbXQ$>
>> con el borrador de la declaración del ALAC sobre los TOR de revisión
>> holística. Nota: Los comentarios de importancia crítica solo se aceptarán
>> hasta las 23:59 UTC del 11 de octubre de 2022.
>>
>>  ¡Muchos gracias!
>>
>>  Personal general
>>  Personal de políticas de la ICANN en apoyo de la comunidad At-Large
>>  Sitio web: atlarge.icann.org [atlarge.icann.org] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/atlarge.icann.org/__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tFAwel7A$
>> >
>>  Facebook: facebook.com/icann [facebook.com] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/icannatlarge__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tMFPx7kw$>
>> en grande [facebook.com] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.facebook.com/icannatlarge__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tMFPx7kw$
>> >
>>  Twitter: @ [twitter.com] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tB5FQo6A$>
>> ICANNatLarge [twitter.com] <
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge__;!!PtGJab4!tDPXhqVORP17z-83xz1msqsC0_t3g_pu-XM1TpOtg65IlUtxw5MvXDbTuxFpO6dU62tB5FQo6A$

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
+525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn,
http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614