[EURO-Discuss] russian aggression against Ukraine, not conflict or tradegy

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 17:30:02 UTC 2022

Dear all,

I am sure that Sebastian is very busy with preparation of celebration, and
that is why I did not receive yet any his feedback on my proposition
regarding WG (and thank you so much to all of you who supported this my
proposition during EURALO round table and/or in private messages - we
already have excellent propositions!).

I have no doubt that on Tuesday a lot of you will remember about Ukraine (I
really highly appreciate all words of sympathy and a lot of real help both
on official and unofficial levels).

During EURALO round table on March 22 I asked to use right words - russian
aggression, undeclared war - instead of weak-hearted ones. And now, after
the new UN resolution "Humanitarian consequences of the aggression against
Ukraine" (which was adopted by 140 voices against 5) I can give you some
more UN official wordings:

- the military offensive of the Russian Federation inside the sovereign
territory of Ukraine and its humanitarian consequences;
-  the hostilities by the Russian Federation against Ukraine, including the
besiegement of and shelling and air strikes in densely populated cities of
Ukraine, in particular Mariupol, as well as attacks striking civilians,
including journalists, and civilian objects, in particular schools and
other educational institutions, water and sanitation systems, medical
facilities and their means of transport and equipment, and the abduction of
local officials, as well as attacks striking diplomatic premises and
cultural sites.

I also would like to remind you that South Africa proposed another draft of
resolution, without mentioning the russian aggression, but this draft was
not supported.

Link to the document below.

Kind regards,
Oksana Prykhodko