[EURO-Discuss] RECORDED / Re: IMPORTANT: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 ALAC, RALO AND ALAC DELEGATES TO THE NOMCOM

info at hoferichter.eu info at hoferichter.eu
Fri May 8 10:48:02 UTC 2020

Dear all, please don’t misunderstand my intervention here as a personal attract to nominations, but I think we have to clarify that we should only send VERY experienced At-Large Community members, that know the community in and out, have a lot of personal contacts across constituencies and have understood how ICANN functions in depth. In depth means also understand the dynamics that are nowhere written in a guide book and that you don’t get from a distance.
On top it is a very time consuming task. Having been on NomCom from 2016-2018 I can truly say so.

The power of ALAC comes via the NomCom because we have 5 seats there (more than any other AC/SO/SG) that decide over the key personnel at ICANN.
Lets use this power wisely!

My two cents
Sandra