[EURO-Discuss] Meeting invitation: EURALO Monthly Call on Tuesday, 09 July 2019 at 18:00 UTC

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jul 9 12:49:59 UTC 2019

Dear Roberto,

policy is a very important part, in fact the major part of why we as
individuals and At-Large Structures are involved in ICANN. We do not do
outreach for the sake of bringing more people to enjoy themselves in a
social club. We do outreach to get a wider footprint into input to
ICANN's policy processes. So I find it hard to reduce the policy update
further, when it is only at 10 minutes length. Whilst I agree that we
could omit repeating the points made in recent Statements, which
participants can read in their own time, I do feel that we need to take
the time to go through every policy comment period that are currently
open in order to solicit input from the European region.
I'll add to this that the amount of input from European participants in
ICANN's policy processes is already very poor for the level of knowledge
and literacy in this region. Indeed shamefully poor when it comes to the
lack of input received regarding one of the regular focus topics that is
the EPDP which at the end of the day is a process that originated in
Europe and where we already have a lot of knowledge. I am always hoping
that speaking about the policy processes raises interest in our
participants to get actively involved, but perhaps I am wrong. How can
we do this better?
Kindest regards,

Olivier

--