[At-Large] Parminder’s assertion of Conflict of Interest / Expected Rules of Behavior

Antony Van Couvering avc at avc.vc
Tue Jan 4 22:47:27 UTC 2022

+1

I guess the point of the discussion is to understand how to formally bring up the (rather massive) loophole in accountability that Jeff has identified, and perhaps fix it.

In law (please note that I am not a lawyer, this is just a layman’s understanding) you are actually required to show that you have been damaged in some way before you are able to bring to the court an alleged wrong — in other words, you must be an interested party or they won’t even listen to you.

It appears that in changing their procedures, ICANN is using the letter of the reconsideration procedure to undermine or erase the spirit of it.

I should hope that ALAC would take something like this seriously, at least enough to debate the issue on its merits.