[APAC-Discuss] Statement of Interest for Position of ALAC Delegate to Nomcom

Bibek Silwal bsilwal123 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:42:42 UTC 2024

Dear, *APRALO Community*, I want to thank the present leadership team and
everyone at APRALO for their continued support.

As a strong advocate for *youth empowerment in decision making* I have
presented myself to bridge the gap between youth and the decision-making
roles. My nomination is a testament that *youth can serve as leaders* in
the decision-making process within ICANN's Remit.

I have received a *Micromaster in Data Science and Statistics focused on
social science and policy from the MIT Institute for Data, Systems, and
Society.* With my *data-driven approach in policy making* I am committed to
contributing to ICANN decision making as a* representative of the larger
voices of the APAC Community*.

Having been working with the present APRALO Leadership team for the last
two years in different roles from *writing newsletters to working in the
APRALO policy forum and contributing to the APRALO RoP working group* I
have delved myself into the policy process and strategic ways to* represent
end-user voices in the decision making.*

I had started my journey within *ICANN as a NextGen and been a two-time
ICANN fellow*. I have completed *ICANN's Policy Development Accelerator
program *as part of ICANN's capacity development for the *upcoming leaders*
in policy making.  This training and exposure have reinforced my knowledge
of *ICANN's structure and the intricate interrelationships among its
supporting organizations and advisory committees, policy-making* within the
ICANN, and skills to actively represent the voices of the end user
community. Besides APRALO, I am also a member of the* Universal Acceptance
Communication and Measurement Working Group* and actively contributing to
the space. Also, I have organized UA Day in Nepal and led the government to
include in the* policy to apply for IDN ccTLD*.

Besides the ICANN community, I have been actively contributing to the I*nternet
Governance Fora since 2018*. From* Founding Youth Internet Governance Forum
Nepal *and empowering Nepalese youth to contributing to *Asia Pacific
Regional IGF and Asia Pacific Regional Youth IGF as an MSG member* I have
engaged myself with the APAC community as well as in the global IG
community.  I have also been involved with the *European Commission
representing in policy suggestions* on behalf of the youth community. I was
recognized as *Internet Society's IGF Youth Ambassador 2022*.

With the present focus areas on *ICANN's policymaking around Nextround
gTLD, Universal Acceptance, and DNS abuse mitigation*, I am committed to
strongly *representing the end user voices from the APAC region and
globally* as a youth leader. I will act as a *catalyst to attract more
youths* to the APRALO community and *increase engagement in APRALO's
activities*. My past experiences and knowledge support my capacity to
*contribute
effectively to NomCom's responsibilities.*

Thank you everyone for your support.

*With best Regards,Bibek Silwal*

--
*With Best Regards,*
*Bibek Silwal*

*[image: Please consider the environment before printing]*