[APAC-Discuss] Issue related to NOMCOM nomiation

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 18:45:21 UTC 2019

Dear Naveed,
Thank you for having this open inquiries about the RALO election/selection
period. Sure there is unified process among all RALOs that was mentioned in
this month APRALO meeting.
Here you can find the link to it on the agenda
https://community.icann.org/m/mobile.action#page/105387078

But it seems the community was encouraged and carried forwards so fast
after APRALO meeting before staff circulate the announcement of the 2019
RALO elections.

I'm sure you are aware of the process, once the call is circulated the
nomination or self nominations starts and we will see SOI on the wiki or
shared widely on this mailing list.

We have to remember that staff were having a long weekend holiday and
usually as every holiday there are priority tasks that take place before
catching up with the emails.

The take away from this exercise that APRALO member need to be aware of the
election timeline before getting into action.

I'm sure you will hear from APRALO LT or staff on this matter.

Best wishes,
Nadira AL-Araj
APRALO ALAC NomCom delegate
(not elejable for next year for a 3rd term)