[AFRI-Discuss] A New Approach to Africa by ICANN

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Aug 11 22:30:41 UTC 2012

Dear AFRALO colleagues,

please find the following announcement. Our congratulations go to Dr.
Tarek Kamel to serve as Senior Advisor on global issues to the ICANN
President and CEO.

The ICANN announcement can be found on:

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-10aug12-en.htm

This announcement is very important since it also signals the need for
AFRALO and its ALSes to realise the opportunity of this new engagement
strategy.

I therefore look forward to seeing ALSes in the region contribute well
to this new development. The renewed interest that ICANN is showing in
the region should benefit our ALSes at local level too.

Warmest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair